Insight, Technical Expertise, and Solutions for Transportation Agencies
Public transportation organizations face growing operational costs, aging infrastructure, and outdated information systems, so they must identify ways to become more efficient and productive.
Crowe Horwath LLP’s transportation services team offers extensive experience in state and municipal governmental and transportation organizations. Our work on projects of all sizes and complexity – from bus and train systems to airports and ports – gives us a comprehensive view of transportation challenges. Our collaborative approach and cross functional skills can help transportation agencies reduce operating costs, modernize their systems, boost productivity, and allocate resources more effectively.
Awards made under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Federal awards through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) offer transportation organizations much-needed funds to build and maintain important infrastructure but they come with heightened requirements for reporting and compliance. Since the Act’s passage in 2009, Crowe has helped governmental agencies with all facets of grant management, including monitoring vendors and subrecipients. Our systems and expertise can help organizations meet all of their obligations.
Transportation solutions. Crowe’s transportation solutions include audit, accounting consulting, economic development, financial advisory, forensic services, performance consulting, risk management and compliance, and technology risk consulting.
Industry knowledge and expertise. Crowe understands the strategic, business, and operational challenges of public transportation organizations and is well versed in state and federal regulatory requirements, including:
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) guidelines and the uniform system of accounts for the National Transit Database (NTD);
- Triennial review process and financial management oversight (FMO) process; and
- FTA requirements.
Crowe’s expertise and thought leadership has been built through hundreds of public sector transportation engagements. We offer high impact, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to help agencies address critical challenges to:
- Provide continuing support for outdated technology;
- Enhance resource allocation and manage labor costs more effectively;
- Streamline processes to increase efficiency and service delivery;
- Report and comply with evolving regulations;
- Manage and upgrade aging infrastructure assets to serve the public safely and effectively;
- Foster continuous improvement for transportation departments; and
- Deliver risk assessment to identify issues and develop solutions to mitigate risks.