Providing Professional Services to Achieve Government Financial Objectives
Government organizations value the objectivity, experience, and business skill of Crowe Horwath LLP as they contend with increasingly strained budgets, complex funding, and disclosure requirements. Our financial advisory specialists provide sound advice to help government entities develop a customized approach to evaluating compliance, managing financing, and creating strategies to expand funding sources.
Crowe financial advisory services for public sector organizations are delivered by deeply experienced finance professionals – many of whom have served as elected or appointed officials. We can help entities:
- Optimize funding, avoid conflicts, and support financial obligations with debt issuance management
- Maximize the return on every dollar by analyzing cash flow, treasury investments, and account management
- Develop high-quality rate structures and revenue enhancements with cost and rate analysis and revenue sufficiency and impact/capacity fee operational reviews
- Balance shrinking revenue sources with greater services demands by analyzing revenue streams, updating forecasts, reviewing expenditures, and developing strategic budgets
- Support ongoing regulatory compliance of tax-exempt financing for arbitrage rebate requirements
- Verify financing cash flows, escrows, arbitrage yields, and escrow yields
- Provide utilities with expert knowledge to help with compliance, budgeting, and rate setting issues.
Crowe has worked with a variety of governmental organizations to develop plans that help achieve financial objectives:
Focus Area Expertise
Crowe government financial advisory professionals actively participate in:
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center
- AICPA State and Local Government Expert Panel
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)