Customized Transportation Solutions to Boost Performance and Productivity
The transportation sector has been buffeted in recent years by uncertain economic conditions, uneven demand, and unstable credit markets. But underlying these immediate challenges are more fundamental, long-term industrial trends, including the development of new forecasting, planning and scheduling technologies that have dramatically altered the way manufacturers do business.
Over the years, Crowe Horwath LLP has acquired exceptionally deep and specialized knowledge of the challenges of transportation businesses. Drawing on this industry expertise, Crowe has developed a number of highly effective approaches in the areas of enterprise business solutions and business advisory solutions, including highly successful enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems for the transportation industry.
As a Microsoft® Gold Certified Partner, Crowe leverages the powerful and proven Microsoft Dynamics® AX solution to help transportation sector companies achieve critical performance improvement goals such as:
- Supply chain optimization. Improving and synchronizing demand and production forecasting, boosting scheduling accuracy and efficiency, and enhancing visibility throughout the supply chain help reduce cycle time and provide early warning of critical weaknesses.
- An agile manufacturing environment. An agile or lean operation that employs pull-system methodologies, like real-time identification and notification of potential bottlenecks, leads to timely, incisive management decisions that reduce costs and improve profitability.
- Improved product life-cycle tracking. New identification and electronic tracking systems help identify, track, and trace individual components throughout the product life cycle, enabling quicker response and greater accountability – and ultimately, improved quality.
- Active business partner collaboration. Electronic information sharing with customers, suppliers, and other business partners leads to better product designs, lower costs, shortened lead times, and better competitive strength.
- Operational and administrative efficiency. Automated information flows facilitate on-time delivery, lower inventory levels, and greater overall efficiency.
Microsoft and Microsoft Dynamics are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and other countries.