Crowe named a best place to work in seven states
OAK BROOK, Ill. (June 29, 2009) — Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the top 10 public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., has been recognized by local best places to work programs in Florida, West Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee and Ohio. The awards are based, in part, on the work/life programs Crowe provides for its more than 2,500 personnel. These include Crowe’s flexible work arrangement program, road warrior program, Women Into Leadership program and personnel assistance programs, among others.
During 2009, Crowe has received the following best places to work accolades:
- Florida – With offices in Lakeland and Tampa, Crowe was named one of the Best Places to Work in Tampa. This marks the first year that Crowe has been recognized by this program, presented by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
- West Michigan – For the fifth consecutive year, Crowe’s Grand Rapids office was named one of West Michigan ’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For presented by the Michigan Business and Professional Association. Crowe also received an Elite Award from West Michigan ’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For program. The Elite Award recognizes Crowe’s achievement in the area of employee education initiatives.
- Illinois – Crowe’s Oak Brook and Chicago offices were named to the Chicago ’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For list, presented by the National Association for Business Resources. This is the fifth consecutive year Crowe was named to Chicago ’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For list.
- Indiana – With offices in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, South Bend and Elkhart, Crowe was named one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. This marks the fourth consecutive year Crowe has been recognized by the program.
- Kentucky – With offices in Lexington and Louisville, Crowe was named one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management State Council. This is the fifth consecutive year that Crowe has been recognized as a best place to work in Kentucky.
- Tennessee – With offices in Knoxville and Nashville, Crowe was selected as one of the Best Employers in Tennessee by Business Tennessee magazine, in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management – Tennessee State Council and the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce and Industry. This is the third consecutive year that Crowe has been recognized as a best employer in Tennessee.
- Ohio - For the fourth straight year, Crowe’s Cleveland and Columbus offices were named one of the Best Employers in Ohio by the Society for Human Resource Management – Ohio State Council. This is the fourth consecutive year that Crowe has been recognized as a best employer in Ohio.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe assists public and private company clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With 26 offices and 2,400 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest networks in the world, consisting of more than 140 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 400 cities around the world.