Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
Founded in 1942 as Crowe Chizek®, the firm changed its name to Crowe Horwath in September 2008 to strengthen its alignment with Horwath International. In 2009, Horwath International changed its name to Crowe Horwath International to further strengthen this alignment. Historically, Crowe is one of the fastest growing firms with an average annual growth rate of 17 percent over the past 40 years.
Crowe’s integrated approach combines a variety of disciplines to improve the performance of clients’ businesses while building value and gaining the trust and confidence of their shareholders, investors, employees and other stakeholders. The firm’s core services include:
- Financial advisory services
- Risk consulting
At Crowe, key industry focus ensures that personnel know the trends and issues specific to clients’ businesses. By aligning specialists along industry lines, the firm can offer insight, depth and breadth of understanding that provides maximum opportunity for client success in achieving business goals and positioning their organizations for a strong competitive advantage. Principal industries include:
- Educational institutions
- Financial services
- Food and commodities
- Private equity groups
- Retail dealerships
- State and local government
- Crowe is ranked as one of the nation’s top 10 public accounting and consulting firms based on U.S. net revenue, according to Accounting Today.
- Crowe ranks No. 1 nationally in the number of audits for publicly traded financial institutions, according to SNL Financial LC 2011.
- As a result of the size of its public company audit practice, Crowe is one of only nine accounting firms subject to an annual inspection by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
- Crowe is a founding member of the Center for Audit Quality.
- In Crowe’s 2010 annual client survey, Crowe’s SCI,® or Secured Client Index rates three times higher than the Big Four, national, regional, local and boutique firms according to clients who worked with both Crowe and these firms in the past two years. An SCI® is a survey of customers conducted by an outside party that rates client satisfaction, willingness to recommend Crowe to others and the likelihood of using Crowe again.
- Crowe has been recognized by best places to work programs in Texas, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio and Tennessee.
- Nationally, Crowe has been recognized as one of Consulting Magazine's Best Firms to Work For in 2011. In addition to ranking 13th overall, Crowe was ranked the second best firm in Financial Advisory Services, a category that includes financial risk and performance consulting services.
California: Los Angeles (Sherman Oaks), Orange County (Costa Mesa), Sacramento and San Francisco
Florida: Fort Lauderdale, Lakeland and Tampa
Illinois: Chicago, Oak Brook and Springfield
Indiana: Elkhart, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and South Bend
Kentucky: Lexington and Louisville
Michigan: Grand Rapids
New Jersey: Livingston
New York: New York City
Ohio: Cleveland and Columbus
Tennessee: Knoxville and Nashville
Texas: Irving and Dallas
Chief Executive Officer: Charles Allen