Transform Your Government Operations
State and local governments are looking for ways to improve performance, achieve more effective operations, and allocate resources more efficiently. While struggling to meet increasing demands for services, they face falling revenue and reduced funding.
Crowe Horwath LLP has more than 40 years of public-sector experience and can help you transform your government operations and service delivery with its broad expertise and functional skills. Crowe offers a wide range of advisory services, including:
- Change management. With an unparalleled breadth and depth of expertise in process improvement, information technology (IT), and risk management, Crowe provides a comprehensive set of solutions to implement lasting change. Our consultants have helped organizations institute new staffing models, design and implement new processes, and incorporate IT systems to support more efficient operations.
- Program management. Crowe’s program management professionals are certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI), are experienced consultants to state and local governments, and have the skills and tools needed to lead major initiatives. By working collaboratively with internal leaders and external stakeholders, our phased approach helps you achieve consensus at critical milestones – and deliver results on time and on budget.
- Performance management. Crowe introduces processes and metrics to use as the basis for an objective review of operations and performance. By helping organizations assess performance accurately with a set of established criteria, Crowe can set benchmarks and develop strategies to improve performance.
- Shared services. By examining a government’s organizational structure and operations, Crowe can develop recommendations to create shared services for functional areas like finance, accounting, and procurement, resulting in substantial cost saving and improved efficiency. Our depth of public sector experience gives us a comprehensive understanding of the issues facing governments as well as the best solutions to help you achieve your strategic goals.
- Strategic plans for IT. Crowe uses a proven methodology – developed in over 20 years of helping public sector entities – to assess existing IT infrastructure and business areas and then develop a strategy and implementation plan. We work collaboratively with government officials to understand their organization’s specific needs and tailor solutions to address those needs.
- Financial advisory. Crowe uses its financial and accounting knowledge to help you ensure ongoing compliance for tax-exempt financing, avoid financing delays, pursue funding alternatives, and maximize limited resources. Services include debt issuance and management, financial management, revenue and fee analysis, budgeting and forecasting, arbitrage rebates, and verification.
- IT security. Crowe works with organizations to identify potential technology risk, develop custom IT audit plans based on this risk analysis, and implement control solutions. Our comprehensive evaluation of all systems and processes can strengthen the security of your IT systems and ensure adherence to federal privacy guidelines.