Take a Proactive Approach to Transfer Pricing, the No. 1 Issue Facing Global Businesses
If your organization does business internationally, you may be familiar with many countries’ requirements that transactions between related parties be conducted on equal ground or at “arm’s length.”
Filing a tax return often requires an affirmation that the taxpayer has performed adequate transfer-pricing due diligence. And because transfer pricing covers a wide range of transactions between related party entities in diverse jurisdictions, many organizations seek professional advice on transfer-pricing strategies, compliance, and due diligence.
Crowe Horwath LLP helps multinationals identify and reduce high-risk transfer pricing practices, identify ways to improve processes, and fulfill complex documentation requirements.
In addition to compliance guidance, Crowe provides assistance with transfers of tangible and intangible property, provision of services, as well as loans, leasing, and other financing transactions, and can help your organization:
- Identify opportunities for value-added transfer (VAT) pricing as a result of mergers or acquisitions or strategic business changes;
- Supply documentation to substantiate intercompany transactions;
- Establish arm’s length transfer prices;
- Help manage the dispute-resolution process and negotiate with tax authorities in a range of transfer-pricing matters, including documentation requests, international tax audits, and competent authority procedures;
- Create advance pricing agreements to obtain forward clearance and resolve past disputes;
- Complete an intellectual-property valuation for acquisitions, business reorganizations, tax-planning exercises, and cost-sharing arrangements; and
- Assess risk and opportunity of accounting for cross-border transactions, including providing objective reviews of current policies and accounting practices.
We maintain the resources and expertise to help businesses reduce pricing risks, substantiate good faith efforts to establish and maintain arm’s length pricing, and provide a “best efforts” or “reasonable efforts” platform that frequently leads to an effective and efficient resolution of transfer-pricing inquiries.
Whether your multinational business manufactures goods, develops software, or delivers any number of services across borders, Crowe can provide the depth of transfer-pricing knowledge and experience you need.