Achieve a Viable State and Local Tax Optimization Strategy
State and local tax (SALT) management represents one of the largest operating expenses for many companies. Crowe Horwath LLP focuses on identifying sustainable SALT reductions to help you increase cash flow. Crowe has more than 400 professionals dedicated to tax consulting, including a group of professionals specializing only in SALT.
Crowe provides SALT services and consulting in six important areas:
- Income and franchise taxes: Crowe begins with a thorough understanding of your company’s key business objectives and industry challenges and provides strategies and direction to help reduce tax bills, obtain significant state income tax refunds, and achieve ongoing income tax savings.
We cover virtually every income and franchise tax issue, from transaction planning and mergers-and-acquisitions due diligence to state- and locality-specific tax planning and consulting on Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification 740 (ASC 740).
- Sales and use taxes: Crowe provides an impartial review of sales and use tax processes to help reduce the risks of noncompliance, improve efficiency, and identify tax savings opportunities.
- Your customized sales and use tax optimization strategy may include refund recovery studies; sales and use tax return preparation; process improvement and systems consulting; and more sales and use tax services.
- Real and personal property taxes: Tax filing requirements vary by state, county, and city. Crowe’s property tax consulting can help you avoid double taxation and claim available tax exemptions. We can help you gain greater control over complex real and personal property tax processes, including: personal property tax return outsourcing; property tax abatement procurement and compliance; real property assessment review and appeal; personal property and real estate tax refund recovery services; and more property tax services.
- Business incentives and tax credits: Companies that maximize the use of incentives can greatly improve return on investment (ROI) and enhance shareholder value. Crowe can help you identify cost-reduction opportunities, lessen startup and operating costs – on both tax and nontax basis– and achieve savings on your planned acquisition, business expansion, relocation, consolidation, or other initiative. Best of all, we can help you stay in compliance with the requirements of business incentive packages on an ongoing basis. Learn more about business incentives consulting.
- Sustainability tax services: To help fund your organization’s sustainability initiative, Crowe can help you identify SALT credit and reduction opportunities as well as assist with important tax planning, such as optimization and feasibility studies, compliance, sustainability incentives reviews, site selection, and research and experimentation credits. View more of our sustainability tax consulting services.
- Unclaimed property: Crowe’s unclaimed property team of professionals has extensive experience with tax and unclaimed property controversy representation and can help you with unclaimed property planning and process improvement. Read more about unclaimed property services and benefits.
Crowe provides an experienced, trusted hand in delivering these SALT services. With our SALT solutions and consulting, you can ease the compliance process, improve efficiency, and obtain ongoing expense reductions.