Gain Better Control of Sales and Use Taxes
Sales and use tax regulations form an intricate maze of complexity. For example, many states exempt companies from paying sales and use taxes on qualified purchases, while other states have reduced rates for these items. Automation can help your organization keep up with changing rules and rates. But software on its own won’t correct flawed internal processes or incorrect interpretation of existing tax law.
Crowe Horwath LLP can help you integrate people, processes, and technology tools for greater sales and use tax control. Specifically, Crowe can help you:
- Discover overpayment patterns and missed exemptions with a sales and use tax refund recovery study;
- Apply for refunds of sales and use tax overpayment;
- Adopt best practices to improve sales and use tax compliance and bring consistency to sales and use tax determinations;
- Reduce internal processing time for determining taxability and tax rates;
- Maximize sales and use tax exemptions;
- Gain expert assistance with sales and use tax return preparation;
- Minimize audit exposure, including penalties and interest; and
- Forecast future sales and use tax expenses.
Crowe’s sales and use tax consulting and services can help you stay on top of sales and use tax processes and reduce your risk of noncompliance, audit, and penalties and interest.