Let’s face it: We never like to hear about a problem without hearing about a solution.
In part one of this topic, we discussed the drawbacks of various project management systems. In part two, we’ll discuss eight specific ways that the Crowe Project Management add-on designed for Microsoft Dynamics 365™ can help you effectively manage your projects.
1. Your data can remain in one system.All the key contact and sales information that you need for each project resides in your customer relationship management (CRM) system. When an opportunity closes, it can automatically be turned into a project. Managing projects within your CRM system means the information never leaves the system. Efforts are not duplicated with team members re-entering data into email or Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet software with the consequent risk of error.
2. Your entire team can access the data it needs in real time.Everyone with access to your CRM can see project information in real time. There is no need to email individuals to update them on items such as task lists, billing milestones, budgets, and more. When updates or changes are made, other team members can see them at once.
3. You can get features you need.The Crowe Project Management add-on is easy to use. Because it works within your CRM, users do not need to learn a complicated system that offers more features than they need. This ease of use will go a long way toward making sure that team members update their projects in a timely manner.
4. You can compare projects.Your projects will be set up in a consistent format so you can easily compare the results of various projects over time. If some of your projects go over budget because of nonbillable time or if one member fails to meet deadlines, you need to know in order to improve your processes. Emails and spreadsheets can’t provide these details.
5. You can use your CRM to your advantage.Your CRM has valuable functionality, such as the ability to create different workflows. For example, when a project task is closed, the project manager can receive an email alert. If the end date of a project task gets pushed out, the entire project team can receive notification. With an integrated project management tool, you can take advantage of this functionality in your CRM.
6. Time entry can be easier for team members.The financial viability of your projects is dependent on accurate time entry. Getting employees to enter their billable and nonbillable time can be difficult. Making the process as easy as possible will encourage them to stay on top of it. The Crowe Project Management add-on allows users to easily enter time, billable and nonbillable, against project tasks. Project managers can see who is working on what, how much time have they entered against the budget, and how much time has been billed.
7. You can use resources more efficiently.With other project management systems, it may be difficult to know which team member is available to work on another project. If a team member is already at capacity in terms of workload, you’ll want to assign the next project to a different employee – one who can get to it right away. The Crowe Project Management add-on provides instant visibility to know who is working on which projects so you can make the best use of available resources.
8. You can get instant project status reports.If a client asks you for a project status update, you should be able to provide it on the spot. With the Crowe Project Management add-on for Microsoft Dynamics 365, one click will generate a professional report to show your client the real-time status of the project.
How does your current project management system match up to the Crowe Project Management add-on for Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft Dynamics 365 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
In accordance with applicable professional standards, some firm services may not be available to attest clients.
© 2017 Crowe Horwath LLP, an independent member of Crowe Horwath International.
As of June 1, 2016, the professionals of AbleBridge have joined Crowe Horwath LLP, a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm. We continue our focus on Microsoft Dynamics® CRM (now Dynamics 365) sales and implementation as well as innovative add-on products.
The personnel of SDGblue have joined Crowe Horwath LLP, a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm with a global risk consulting practice and offices around the world. This move provides SDGblue clients access to a broader range of products, services, and solutions, while expanding the Crowe cybersecurity risk management capabilities with a deeply specialized team.
Looking for the Client Login?
Access the SDGblue Client Portal
As of Oct. 30, 2017, the professionals of Rowbotham International have joined Crowe Horwath LLP, a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm. We continue our focus on domestic and international tax and audit compliance services, as well as advisory services.