Cindi Pierce is the leader of the Crowe Horwath LLP higher education/not-for-profit services group. Her responsibilities include overseeing the delivery of services to public sector colleges and universities and not-for-profit organizations. Her appointment to a second term on the Financial Accounting Standards Board Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee is key to her industry leadership role. She also serves as the firm’s liaison to the Crowe Horwath International Not-for-Profit Significant Industry Group, the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) Accounting Principles Council, and the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB). For more than 35 years, Cindi has provided significant contributions to the delivery of audit, tax, and consulting services to clients with domestic and foreign operations including:
- Standardized industry internal control documentation
- Charitable instruments gift counting policy
- Sample identity theft prevention program
- Consulting on governance practices and committee charter documents
- Grants management, budgeting, and other financial planning consulting
- Indirect cost allocation plans designed to comply with OMB Circular A-133 requirements
Cindi is currently the chairperson of the Crowe Horwath Foundation. Additionally, she has served two terms on the firm’s Executive Committee and has served as the chairperson of the firm’s Audit Committee.