Fred Bauters is the chief risk officer for Crowe Horwath LLP and is responsible for:
- Verifying compliance with professional and firm quality controls, standards, and methodologies
- Management of legal counsel and representing the firm through the general counsel office
- Overseeing the management of the firm’s risk management and insurance programs
- Managing the development and execution of the firm’s risk management and insurance programs
- Conducting due diligence and risk analysis activities related to firm investments
Fred's experience stretches over nearly 40 years and includes leadership roles in providing assurance, technology, compliance, risk, and performance improvement services to clients. Throughout his career, Fred has been involved in various strategic efforts including the establishment of offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Cleveland, Ohio. He also served as the managing partner of the firm’s systems consulting, and risk and performance services groups.