Investigations and Reporting Support for Banks
Financial institutions frequently require qualified third-party assistance from experienced financial investigators to either augment the institutions’ internal financial intelligence units (FIUs) or provide fully outsourced services. In some instances, unexpected spikes in investigative activity might build up backlogs in anti-money-laundering (AML) investigations, fraud investigations, customer and enhanced due diligence (CDD/EDD) reviews, sanctions reviews, or other activities requiring an investigations professional. New findings from examiners, new or enhanced AML monitoring applications, acquisitions, changes to customer risk rating models, or other regulatory events can add to the challenge.
How Crowe Horwath LLP Can Help
Crowe offers extensive financial investigation consulting services including training and FIU program development and offers experienced investigative resources for either ongoing support or special assignments.
Financial institutions call on Crowe for assistance with a number of specialized compliance programs including:
In addition, Crowe professionals have extensive experience in the full range of bank FIU and high-risk customer management activities including:
- High-risk customer management program development and optimization such as AML customer risk rating, CDD, know-your-customer, and enhanced due diligence programs
- Analysis and disposition of AML suspicious activity alerts and investigations
- Quality control reviews of alert dispositions, investigations, periodic customer reviews, and suspicious activity reports
- Development and optimization of FIU process flows, investigative procedures, key process indicators, and performance dashboards
- FIU department training, quality assurance, and oversight
- AML look-back reviews
Proprietary Tools for Efficient Management
Crowe offers advanced technology that can be applied by qualified financial investigators or Crowe investigators such as: