Tax and Compliance Services from Professionals Who Know Alternative Investment Funds
Alternative investments present a unique set of tax reporting and compliance challenges. Using a firm with deep expertise in asset management and alternative investments can help improve your fund’s performance and reduce the risk of noncompliance. Crowe Horwath LLP specializes in providing tax services to asset management firms and has extensive experience in tax preparation, structuring, and compliance.
Crowe understands the industry-specific issues that exist at the fund level, and can help you address highly complex tax issues that may arise over time. Our alternative investment expertise includes tax considerations such as:
- Onshore and offshore fund structuring
- Federal, state, and local returns; Schedule K-1s and PFIC statements
- Interim tax estimates and withholdings
- Assistance with capital account maintenance
- Fee-waiver considerations
- Unrelated Business Taxable Income (UBTI), Effectively Connected Income (ECI), and state source income analyses
- Inbound and outbound international tax investment matters such as U.S. branch profits tax, U.S. withholding tax, portfolio interest exemption, FIRPTA, controlled foreign corporations, and passive foreign investment companies
- FBAR reporting
- FATCA compliance
In addition to our deep knowledge in alternative investment tax issues, Crowe also provides expertise in fund audit services, bringing industry-specific experience and knowledge to each fund audit.
Crowe is an industry leader in fund-level tax structuring and compliance, and is highly proficient with the tax law relevant to fund formation, maintenance, and reporting.