Analyzing, Reviewing, and Preparing Government Financial Statements
Government officials who consider financial statement preparation largely a matter of compliance may be missing an opportunity. Crowe Horwath LLP can assist with financial review and analysis, as well as preparation of statements, to help government organizations mitigate risk, achieve compliance, demonstrate accountability, and promote transparency.
Our government specialists provide value-added financial assistance by:
- Assisting in developing core financial reporting for state and local authorities including details on expenditures, revenues, grants, and capital assets
- Objective reviews of financial statements for material misstatement
- Detailing outstanding obligations that can affect bonding capacity and debt ratio calculations
- Providing federal grant funding audits as required by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
- Preparing a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) to detail statistical, demographic, and economic information needed to recognize capital and debt obligations