Tax Compliance for Tax-Exempt Healthcare Organizations: Choose a Better Way
For healthcare organizations, the time and costs associated with tax compliance, information data gathering, and organizational management can create a tremendous burden and strain on resources systemwide.
The tax specialists of Crowe Horwath LLP understand these challenges and have developed the Crowe® Tax Risk Assessment and Control (C-TRAC) suite of tax solutions1 to minimize the compliance burden and remove barriers typically faced by tax-exempt organizations. The C-TRAC solution is IRS-approved for e-filing software that focuses on the project management aspect of tax compliance via a Web-based platform.
The C-TRAC suite provides these features and modules:
- Forms 990, 990T, and 8868 (extensions)
- Customized conflict-of-interest questionnaires – automated distribution and receipt of conflict data
- A master compensation module – compensation applied systemwide rather than as single entities
- An alternative investment module – automated data capture, unrelated business income tax analysis, and generation of international disclosure forms
- A state module – preparation of state forms, estimates, and extensions
- Real-time access to tax forms in easily accessible Adobe® Acrobat® software format
- A Web-based platform for delegating assignments, tracking progress, and monitoring changes
- Line-by-line access to prior year responses, IRS instructions, and customized guidance
- Time-saving imports – investments, grants, donors, etc.
- Quick links to industry guidance and IRS instructions to access updates, alerts, and educational sessions on tax issues affecting the tax-exempt healthcare community