Driving Real Value From IT in M&D Companies
IT systems that support M&D businesses can be complex, expensive, and varied.
M&D businesses often struggle to make the right system selection decisions for IT and then deploy and operate the chosen systems in a way that drives real business value. As a result, IT frequently is perceived as a frustrating cost rather than the real value driver it should be.
How Crowe Can Help
Crowe Horwath LLP has extensive experience helping M&D operations address IT challenges such as:
- Data that is inaccurate or not optimized to drive operational efficiencies
- Outdated ERP and other IT systems that require workarounds and offline spreadsheets, creating inefficiencies and delays
- Changes in the business – such as increased global sourcing, new services, or new distribution models – that old IT systems do not handle well
- Software (such as overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) systems) that collects data, but does not produce operational improvements
- Insufficient real-time reporting and analytics for critical operational metrics
- Underutilized software functionality, due to lack of training in concepts such as manufacturing resource planning (MRP) or forecasting
- Complex operations, such as plant scheduling done outside systems, that can put the company at risk and constrain growth
- Cybersecurity and protecting intellectual property
The Good News About IT
With the right IT strategy road map, combined with process optimization, today’s powerful IT systems can deliver real and measurable value. Crowe IT teams can help M&D companies take advantage of these strengths to help drive:
“The Crowe team represents an attractive value proposition for our organization. Their team is comprised of professional members who are focused on, and concerned about, delivering quality services. They are not solely focused on getting the job done as quickly as possible, but also appreciate the value of making true business process change. (With Crowe) we are able to engage in overall IT strategy discussions that go beyond some of your typical project discussions.”
– Ethan Lane, CIO, Noranda Aluminum Inc.
Crowe Manufacturing and Distribution IT Solutions
Crowe provides a range of IT consulting services, along with industry-specific IT solutions designed to help M&D businesses drive real value from their IT functions:
- IT strategy road maps
- IT system selection
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Business intelligence
- Interim CIO