The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Department of Justice’s recent activity in the fair lending and UDAAP (unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices) space, as well as use of complex methodologies and aggressive enforcement, have created an atmosphere of uncertainty throughout the financial services industry. In this webinar, Crowe Horwath will discuss the most common areas of focus by the agencies with respect to an adequate fair lending and UDAAP program supported by analytics and monitoring.
As a result of participating in this session, you should be able to better:
- List the principal concepts of fair banking
- Describe emerging trends in fair lending and UDAAP enforcement
- Demonstrate consumer lending enforcement and the use of Bayesian Improved Surname Geocoding (BISG) proxy analysis
- Explain overdraft fee and activity fee analysis
- Recognize upcoming rule changes for Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data collection and reporting
- Identify key factors in fair banking compliance management
The webinar will also provide insights to fair lending model governance best practices and the implications of upcoming regulatory changes facing your organization.