Healthcare Connection – Dec. 15, 2015
5 Guidelines for Managing Credit Balance Volume in the Patient Account System
Credit balances in a healthcare organization’s patient accounting system can be painful to resolve, often requiring commitment of the organization’s already-limited staff resources. This article offers five simple guidelines that organizations can follow to effectively address these credit balances and verify that these liabilities are not overlooked and do not become unclaimed property.
Webinar Preview: Healthcare Industry Year-End Tax Update
Questions about 501(r), IRS areas of focus, or trending tax issues? Please join Crowe Horwath LLP for our year-end tax update. This session will provide a potpourri of information on year-end tax planning opportunities, recent tax developments, and a variety of other tax-related topics useful to your healthcare organization. Join us for this webinar, and you should be able to:
- Recognize the tax issues and trending of recent developments applicable to your healthcare organization
- Discuss areas of focus for the IRS based on recent activity
- Apply lessons learned through expanded Form 990, Schedule A reporting for supporting organizations
- Identify common 501(r) implementation issues and related Schedule H reporting disclosures
- Prepare for year-end information reporting, including expanded healthcare information reporting
After the session, please join us for a demonstration of the C-TRAC® solution. This complimentary session is recommended for one hour of CPE credit.
The C-TRAC® solution was invented by Geralyn Hurd of Crowe Horwath LLP. A patent is pending for the C-TRAC solution.