Mike Varney is a partner in the Crowe Horwath LLP risk consulting group and is responsible for leading the firm’s delivery of global risk services.
Mike has more than 20 years of experience in internal audit, risk management, accounting, and financial reporting. He has worked with companies in manufacturing, waste services, real estate, not-for-profit, and other regulated industries to:
- Develop internal audit functions and structures
- Implement annual audit plans
- Perform risk assessments and periodic reviews
- Improve business processes
- Assist with transaction due diligence and post-acquisition integration
Mike has also helped clients develop anti-fraud programs, develop fraud risk assessments, and implement processes relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to joining Crowe, Mike held various positions with large Fortune 1000 global and domestic companies as well as accounting firms.