CHICAGO (Oct. 10, 2016) – Microsoft Dynamics AX, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, is a business management software platform that offers organizations improved functionality through greater efficiency, better processes and more responsive customer interactions. To further enhance this platform for existing Dynamics AX users, Crowe Horwath LLP, a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider and Gold Certified ERP Partner, has introduced a new suite of apps. Crowe is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the U.S.
“Microsoft continues to push the envelope on business productivity with its Dynamics 365 platform, and our new apps help Dynamics users maximize the platform’s innovative benefits. Crowe has been using technology to help clients achieve results for more than 30 years, particularly with the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform,” said Simon Riley, principal at Crowe. “Through our work implementing Dynamics AX, we realized organizations would benefit from easily available, affordable, add-on applications. We used our extensive experience in technology, accounting, risk, compliance and supply-chain management to create new apps to help streamline time-consuming processes and get a more complete view of business-critical data.”
The new apps include:
- Crowe Leased Asset Calculator for Dynamics AX: This app combines lease management with a financial impact calculator for organizations seeking to comply with the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulation on accounting standards for leases. Users can add, modify and manage both operating and financial leases throughout the organization directly in the app, providing the finance team with instant access to important financial data. Lease status automatically updates when lease payments are made, including net present value and future cash flow.
- Crowe Batch Process Manager for Dynamics AX: This app streamlines and standardizes processes across multiple legal entities allowing users to create, manage and execute batch jobs. This app can save time and improve accuracy by reducing manual, repetitive setup steps for system administrators across separate AX entities.
- Crowe Financial Close Workbench for Dynamics AX: This app simplifies the period-end closing process. It allows users to view, open and close period ledgers for different entities, without logging into each company separately. Organizations can monitor key closing transactions, including shipped not invoiced, accrued purchases, open production orders, unposted inventory journals and unposted ledger journals.
- Crowe General Journal Optimizer for Dynamics AX: This app simplifies entering general journals in Dynamics AX with a user-configurable import template that reduces data-entry errors and helps identify data inconsistencies. It creates, stores and tracks journal entries in a single, unified view, and enables team collaboration using standard Dynamics AX workflow capabilities. It eliminates the need to switch between companies in Dynamics AX when creating shared journal entries.
- Crowe Notes Optimizer for Dynamics AX: This app standardizes Dynamics AX notes across an organization to save time, reduce data errors and improve communications. It reduces the need for manual note entry on purchase orders, sales orders, production orders and shipping documentation.
For more information on these apps, please visit: www.crowehorwath.com/axapps-nr.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting, and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 120 countries around the world.
# # #