Cyber Resilience: Rapid and Effective Breach Response and Recovery
Recent waves of cyberattacks have led many organizations to look beyond the question of “if or when” a breach might occur, and focus instead on “how” they can weather the inevitable attack and maintain operations. Crowe Horwath can help you refocus your cybersecurity risk management efforts to prepare for incidents and breaches and respond effectively.
Preparing for the Inevitable
With technology playing a critical role in almost every business operation, no organization can afford to find itself in a reactive mode when a cyber breach occurs. As attacks continue to grow in number, persistence, and sophistication, cyber resilience has become an essential component of business resilience, continuity, and disaster recovery efforts.
A Proactive, Comprehensive Approach
Crowe cyber resilience professionals are proficient in the major cybersecurity standards and frameworks, including NIST, CERT-RMM, COBIT, and ISO 27001. They also draw on our extensive assessment, attack, and penetration testing capabilities as part of a comprehensive, two-phased approach:
- Evaluation and preparation – establishing a baseline, identifying threat scenarios and vulnerabilities, and developing risk mitigation plans
- Incident response – executing an immediate breach investigation and well-planned response to limit damage and resume normal operations as quickly as possible
Cyber Resilience and Incident Response Strategy
1. Plan and Practice
- Risk assessments
- Deployed security controls/solutions
- Routine testing/audits
- User awareness/education
2. Identify and Respond
- Your alarms
- Malware, whitelisting, DLP, SIEM, etc.
- Tip Lines
3. Investigate, Contain, and Remove
- Specialized training, techniques
- Specialized tools/solutions
- Outside help
4. Reflect and Refine
- Proof of performance