Year-End Tax Planning for Construction
After viewing this recording, you should be able to analyze these questions in planning for year-end taxes:
- Should I accelerate income to pay taxes at today’s lower rates (assuming rates will go up)?
- How should I plan for the depreciation rules of 2011, 2012, and forward (buy today or buy tomorrow)?
- How will the new tangible asset regulations affect my business?
- If I am organized as a pass-through entity, do I have passive owners and how will that impact my cash flow?
- Should I review my accounting methods to manage income and expense recognition before year end?
- Am I benefiting from permanent tax deductions available for performing certain government work?
- Do I qualify for the research credit?
- Is taxable income overstated by 9%? (The domestic production deduction)
- Look back adjustments – does my company have outstanding refunds?